Shelley is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional whose passion is on helping professional women and their families, as well as small business owners, apply the same excellence to their personal finances that they employ every day in their job. She offers her clients sophisticated and comprehensive planning services, allowing her to address all their money-related concerns, including retirement accumulation and income, estate management, insurance, long-term care, college funding, philanthropy, and business succession. Shelley has taken her passion for healthy finances and created Food and Finance with Shelley™. Her innovative education and nutritious food is an act of love for you, your family, and friends.
Shelley's practice offers the following valuable services:
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Financial Coaching
- Investment Management
- Insurance Strategies
- Estate Planning
- Legacy and Charitable Giving
- Paying for College and Life Events
Volunteering is in Shelley’s DNA, and she has led nonprofits for over 45 years. Currently, Shelley serves as the Co-President of the Houston Chapter of Ellevate Network.
Past community positions have included:
- Board member and chair of Leadership Luncheon Services Ellevate Houston.
- Chair, Women’s Business Alliance of the Greater Houston Partnership.
- Chair, 20th Anniversary of the Women’s Energy Network (WEN).
- Board Member, Junior Achievement of Brazoria County.
- President, Energy Institute High School PTO.
- Board Member, Congregation Brith Shalom Sisterhood.
- Apple Corps Leader, Houston Food Bank.
- Singer, Houston Show Choir, Bayou City Women’s Chorus and Brith Shalom Choir.
- Mentor, WEN and the University of Houston.
She graduated from St. John’s School, has her Bachelor of Arts from Dartmouth College, and her Master of Public Affairs from the LBJ School of Public Affairs. In addition to being a CFP® professional, Shelley has her Series 7 and 66 securities registrations. She also has specialized expertise in insurance, long term care planning, and financial strategies for same-sex couples.
Shelley is a native Houstonian with thee children and recently celebrated her 30th wedding anniversary.