Shelley is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional whose passion is on helping professional women and their families, as well as small business owners, apply the same excellence to their personal finances that they employ every day in their job. She offers her clients sophisticated and comprehensive planning services, allowing her to address all their money-related concerns, including retirement accumulation and income, estate management, insurance, long-term care, college funding, philanthropy, and business succession.
Shelley's practice offers the following valuable services:
Comprehensive Financial Planning
Volunteering is in Shelley’s DNA, and she has provided nonprofit leadership for over 40 years. Recent positions include:
- Board member and chair of Leadership Luncheon Services Elevate Houston.
- Chair, Women’s Business Alliance of the Greater Houston Partnership.
- Chair, 20th Anniversary of the Women’s Energy Network (WEN).
- Board Member, Junior Achievement of Brazoria County.
- President, Energy Institute High School PTO.
- Board Member, Congregation Brith Shalom Sisterhood.
- Apple Corps Leader, Houston Food Bank.
- Singer, Bayou City Women’s Chorus and Brith Shalom Choir.
- Mentor, WEN and the University of Houston.
She graduated from St. John’s School, has her Bachelor of Arts from Dartmouth College, and her Master of Public Affairs from the LBJ School of Public Affairs. In addition to being a CFP® professional, Shelley has her Series 7 and 66 securities registrations. She also has specialized expertise in insurance, long term care planning, and financial strategies for same-sex couples.
Shelley is a native Houstonian with three children and recently celebrated her 28th wedding anniversary.